Monday 10 January 2011

More Modeling tests.

So after looking through several tutorials on the pixologic website, it seemed there were 2 main ways to model through z-brush. The 1st being through the use of Z Spheres. However I found this method extremely frustrating as I find the work space on the interface can be quite small at times, which means blocking out a shape can be hard to do. I also found the ZSpheres to be a little to highly sensitive, as the merged with one another when I really didn't want them to. The result was a Zsphere mess.
So the 2nd option was to block out your model in a different software and export the .obj to ZBrush. I preferred the sound of this option after the horrifying ZSphere incident. So I immediately began a incredibly rough block out in maya. As you can see from the above image, I literally went from the cube as before, locking down a basic shape taking into consideration angles etc from the reference sophie found.
Then adding a basic beak...
...and leg...
...before finally mirroring the mesh and combining the vertices. I also added some topology to the eye area, which should help with sculpting. And there you have it, a basic Raven mesh ready for my first attempt at zbrush.

No comments:

Post a Comment