Monday 10 January 2011

Feathers Round three

So after completeing the feather method on the wings, it was time to try it out on the body.
I started by creating a row of 5 feathers and then using the animation technique provided by Daffy in the previous videos. It seemed to work alright, however a lot more key framing was involved in order to stop the feathers breaking into each other and the base mesh.
As you can see, there is some over lapping happening, but I have to admit, I'm still quite happy with the result.
Now to move on to the more complex part of the head. I'm not going to lie, even with the animation cheat, this was still tricky and the mesh on top is actually quite complex and getting the feathers to look as if they are sitting smoothly on top of the head has been quite tricky. Though I think this part may be unavoidable and I realise however tricky, the results for this method are completely satisfying.
I think I shall be continuing with this method to create my bird for the Raven Project, as the final outcome looks quite realistic. Along with textures I fail to see why this model couldn't look photo realistic.

I am very glad we had the chance to research our hurdles before we came to them, this means that I can go ahead confidently with the model and know that there is a way to achieve the outcome that I and the others want.

No comments:

Post a Comment